Online RN to BSN Completion Program:
Recognizing the Interconnectedness of Self, Others, Nature, and Spirituality
PCOM’s RN to BSN Completion Program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), a specialized accrediting agency for nursing recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). The program is also endorsed by the AHNCC, which makes graduates of PCOM’s RN to BSN Completion Program eligible for certification in holistic nursing after passing the NCLEX and obtaining their RN license. This also identifies PCOM as an institution producing nurses that will participate as transformational leaders, capable of helping to shift the focus of healthcare paradigm from illness and disease to health promotion, wellness, and wellbeing.
Nursing is an art and science emanating from a caring-healing framework. Holistic nursing programs focus on healing the whole person, recognizing the interrelationship of the bio–psychosocial-cultural-spiritual-energetic-environmental dimensions of the person. It emphasizes protecting and promotingmental, spiritual and emotional health and wellness and supporting people to find meaning, peace and harmony. The holistic nurse who graduates from this online bachelor's completion program partners with individuals, families, and communities to promote healing while honoring the individual's subjective experience about health and illness.
Baccalaureate holistic nursing degrees are the established educational criteria for professional nurses. The online Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) provides the philosophical, professional, educational, and clinical groundwork necessary for nurses of the future. The curriculum emphasizes health, wellness and disease prevention; relationship-centered approach; research and evidence informed practice; ethics; advocacy; and leadership in the profession.
This online bachelor's degree in holistic nursing enables graduates to:
- Empower patients/clients/families by teaching whole person healing and self-care practices for a healthier lifestyle.
- Assist individuals and families to manage stress, make healthy changes, and prevent disease by improving health and well-being.
- Guide individuals and families between the conventional allopathic medical system and complementary/alternative/integrative therapies and systems.
- Incorporate holistic integrative CAM modalities with other nursing interventions.
- Work on integrated health teams
- Practice in numerous settings.
- Integrate reflection and self-care into personal and professional life.
RN-BSN coursework includes:
- Theoretical Foundations of Holistic Nursing
- The Nurse as Facilitator of Healing: Role and Modalities
- Community Health Nursing/Population Focused Healthcare
- Leadership in the Delivery of Healthcare
- Research in Nursing
- Issues and Trends
- Plus a variety of support courses and electives to choose from!
Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Bachelor's Completion Program
- Minimum of 31.5 Credits
- Coursework Online, Plus 3-Day Onsite Retreat
- Full-Time (4 Terms) or Part-Time (7-9 Terms)
- Complete Your Clinical Requirements in Your Area
ACEN Accredited, NY State Approved, WASC Accredited
*RN to BSN program in New York intended for those with an associate’s degree in nursing and a registered nurse license.
Federal Consumer Disclosure Information About This Program
As a holistic nursing school, Pacific College of Oriental Medicine’s Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion) program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), a specialized accrediting agency for nursing recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). ACEN contact information: 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA, 30326, www.acenursing.org. The Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Holistic Nursing (BSN) is endorsed by the American Holistic Nurses Credentialing Corporation (AHNCC). AHNCC contact information: 811 Linden Loop, Cedar Park, TX, 78613, www.ahncc.org. The college is registered with the New York State Education Department (NYSED) and approved by the Board of Regents. Pacific College of Oriental Medicine is regionally accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC). For important information on program costs, completion and placement rates, median debt incurred, etc., please see the program disclosure document.
Nursing Program Articulation
The Pacific College Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Holistic Nursing) has articulation agreements with the following Associate Degree Nursing Programs. Students who are not yet RNs may begin their nursing education at one of these colleges. Upon completion of an Associate Degree in Nursing, students may continue on to the Pacific College BS Completion Program in Holistic Nursing with seamless transition (see links below):
- Queensborough Community College (Bayside, NY)
- Swedish Institute College of Health Sciences (NYC, NY)
- SUNY Sullivan (Loch Sheldrake, NY)
If you would like more information about holistic nursing programs, or you have been searching for a holistic nursing school in NYC, contact us at Pacific College of Oriental Medicine in New York City.